The HCMF Wildlife Warriors Awards, instituted by Hem Chand Mahindra Foundation in 2014, was started by Mr Ashok Mahindra, Founder and Trustee of HCMF, with the vision of honouring the unsung heroes of India’s protected areas,. Saevus magazine has been a partner in all editions of the awards. In 2014, 15 Wildlife Warriors were awarded from five well known national parks of India – Ranthambhore, Corbett, Kaziranga, Gir and Nagarhole and in 2015, 12 foot soldiers working in lesser known sanctuaries of the country namely Dibru-Saikhowa NP, Ushakoti WLS, Brahmagiri WLS, Papikonda WLS, Bhimashankar WLS, Cotigao WLS, Aralam WLS, Dalma WLS, Nandhaur WLS and Kutch Bustard Sanctuary were awarded.
We are proud to announce the third edition of the Wildlife Warrior Awards, to recognise the hardship and merit of foot soldiers working in remote parks in challenging conditions. The parks that have been chosen this year are Desert National Park and Manas Tiger Reserve.
12 applicants will be awarded a total of INR 6,00,000 as per the following distribution:
• 4 Awards from Desert National Park @ INR 50,000 each
• 8 Awards from Manas National Park @ INR 50,000 each
Nominations open on 1st September 2020 and closes 30th September 2020
Application and nomination process:
– FOREST GUARDS/ASSISTANT FORESTERS/ FORESTERS with minimum 2 years’ continuous service experience at the current location and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the forest department will be eligible for consideration at the awards.
– Applications will be made by applicants through Questionnaire to DFO/ External nominator
– Questionnaires will be properly completed by all applicants with help from the DFO/External nominator.
Follow the link for the nomination form: Click here!